Wanjiku Gakuo is a seasoned researcher, manual developer, trainer, certification enhancement expert, systems and policy implementer in the sustainable farming, food safety and quality field as an employee and a consultant. Wanjiku Gakuo has worked with organizations both locally and globally such as, HomeBiogas- Kenya, Farm Concern International, African Farms and Markets, Aloha Farms and Oropeal,focusing on areas such as;
- Development of sustainable farming procedures and systems
- Developing research manuals – globally and locally
- Conducting training on food safety, sustainable farming procedures and systems.
- Experiment development and designs
- Proposal writing and budgeting for biding projects in the agricultural farming systems and food safety field.
- Strategy writing and documentation in implementation of projects.
- Standard documentation (HACCP, ISO 9001) and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
These are some of her outstanding competencies and not limited to the listed above. Wanjiku Gakuo has MSC degree in Food Safety and Quality of University of Nairobi and a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture (BSC) of University of Embu. She also has other management and professional training certificates from recognized institution, including; Project Participatory, Assessment, Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Management Skills, Strategic Management Skills, Hazard Analysis Critical Points (HACCP) training – SGS and Crop-cutting-training